Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Kids Cook Monday- Daddy's out of town!

My hubby Chris recently had to leave town for a week for work. It was sort of a long week considering we are in a new state where I don't really know anyone, but I had lots of bonding time with my B-man!

I don't know about you, but I'm not overly motivated to cook dinner when it's just myself. If it wasn't for Brady, I probably could have survived on popcorn or chips and salsa for dinner all week. But, Brady was definitely my motivating factor for getting something nutritious on the table.

One of Brady's go-to favorite meals is a cheese quesadilla. It's simple and easy. One of my favorite go-to easy meals for myself is a bean burrito. I almost always have these ingredients on hand to make it happen; tortillas, cheese, refried beans, lettuce, salsa, and plain Greek yogurt (my healthy swap for sour cream.) So this week I decided to make a simple meatless meal for me and my little man.

I bumped up my normal bean burrito with a little fresh tomato from our garden. We have a ton of them right now, so this was a good way to use some of them up! I also happened to have a really ripe avocado so we threw that in there as well. Brady LOVES avocado. I've been giving it to him since he was about 6 months old and he's always gobbled them up. Here's how our easy dinner shaped up...

Here's the inside of our meatless Mexican dish. Beans, Greek yogurt, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and avocado.

Here's the folded up finished product. It would have been great if I had heated it all up on the griddle too. But remember, I wasn't that ambitious with the hubby out of town!

Brady approved!

This is how Brady helps out in the kitchen. It's mostly just him underfoot, emptying my spice rack, but it's good company!
I will definitely keep this one in my repertoire. It is super easy and Brady liked it. Plus, there was enough of the ingredients left to have it again for lunch the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment